Most homeowners don't worry about their roof until the day water
starts showing up where it shouldn't be. Then, they hope their roof warranty will
cover whatever repairs need to be made.
The only problem is, the warranty may be voided!
In fact, your roof's warranty may have been voided the day your roof was put on!
Most shingle warranties include a sentence that looks like this:
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Damage to the product due to any cause not expressly covered herein. After our shingles
leave our manufacturing facility, they are subjected to conditions and handling
beyond our control that could affect their performance. This warranty does not cover
any problems with non-defective shingles caused by conditions or handling beyond
our control. Some examples of conditions not covered by this warranty include:
- Acts of God, such as hail storms and winds in excess of wind levels listed in the
chart at the end of this warranty
- Foot traffic on your roof or damage caused by objects (such as tree branches) falling
on your roof
- Improper or faulty installation of your shingles. Installation must be in accordance
with our written installation instructions
- Discoloration caused by algae, fungi, lichens, or cyanobacteria
- Inadequate ventilation or roof drainage
- Settlement of the structure of your home or buckling or cracking of the deck over
which your shingles are installed
- Damage to the shingles caused by alterations made after completion of application,
including structural changes, equipment installation, painting, or the application
of cleaning solutions, coatings, or other modifications
That means that if your roof doesn't have the proper ventilation that it needs,
your warranty may already be voided! Wouldn't you like to know now before you actually
have to depend on your warranty to cover you after the next big storm?
Protect your warranty. Get an Attic Attack Analysis today and know for sure if your
house is properly ventilated.